About Me

My photo
;-) Email me at: Angelbrown92@hotmail.com

Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Pursuit of Happiness: Dan Gilbert on Happiness

This video taught me alot about Natural Happiness, is what we get when we achieved what we wanted, and Synthetic Happiness is what we get when we dont get what we wanted. I was shocked at first when Dan Gilbert showed how people were happy or themost happy when they didnt get what they want. The article at 06:50 about Harry S. Langerman and readign an article about a burger stand that he wanted to franchise in turned out to be unsuccessful and he said "I believe it turned out fot the best". Synthetic Happiness to me is better than Natural Happiness because it makes people believe in the brighter side of things instead of what they couldn't accomplish. People like Pete Ringo even though he was cast out i think that maybe his life just got better after the Beatles.
Dan Gilbert explained how if we had freedom to choose what we want then there is no point to Synthetic Happiness because we are trying to get what we want instead of being happy and i quote " ...letting the chips fall were they may". I loved this video and i'll try to not alwyas get mad at what i can't get but just be happy that i had a chance to.

No comments:

Post a Comment